WHAT IS KSHAR SUTRA THERAPY?
Ksharasutra Therapy is an Ayurvedic Parasurgical Technique. Great Indian Surgeon Acharya Sushruta narrated in his teachings the use of Kshara for cure of ‘anal fistula’ and other anorectal diseases. The work of Acharya Sushruta was compiled as “Sushrut Samhita” in the Acharya Chakrapani Datta and Acharya Bhav Mishra have described in their classical Ayurvedic texts, the method of preparation and treatment of ‘fistula in ano’ by use of Kshara Sutra (K.S.). It is being used for the successful treatment of Anorectal Diseases from many years.
In this technique, a specially prepared thread (Kshar Sutra) is used to cure diseases. Kshar Sutra acts by “Herbal Chemical Cauterisation” and removes the disease from the body.Many studies have been published by Ayurvedic doctors recently with encouraging results for treatment of anal fistula, piles, fissures, anal abscess and other anorectal diseases by use of Kshara Sutra.
Both internal and external hemorrhoids can be treated successfully
Chronic fissures with sentinel piles are very easily treatable
All kind of simple and complicated fistula can be safely cured
Kshar Sutra Therapy is the most preferred treatment for pilonidal sinus
Painful Pus-filled boils around back passage can also be treated
All kind of small and big rectal polyps can be permanently removed
Kshar sutra is also used in:
* Anal Stenosis
* Sentinel Tag/Piles
* Anal Incontinence
* Anal Condyloma
* Anal Hematoma
* Rectal Prolapse
* Anal Abscess
The mode of action of Kshar sutra
2. The presence of Kshar Sutra in the fistulous tract does not allow the cavity to close down from either ends and there is a continuous drainage of pus along the Kshar Sutra itself.
3. The Kshar Sutra slowly and gradually cuts through the fistulous tract from apex to the periphery. There is an ideal simultaneous cutting and healing of the tract and no pocket of pus is allowed to stay back.
4. The Kshara (Caustics) applied on the thread are anti-inflammatory, anti-slough agents and in addition, have property of chemical curetting. The Kshar Sutra remains in direct contact of the tract and therefore, it chemically curettes out the tract and sloughs out the epithelial lining, thereby allowing the fistulous tract to collapse and heal.
5. The Kshar Sutra, due to its antibacterial property, does not allow bacteria to multiply in its presence.
6. The pH of Kshar Sutra is between 8-9 which is alkaline and therefore it does not allow rectal pathogens to invade the cavity.
Vaidya Kuldeep Nautiyal
(Kshar Sutra Specialist)
Benefits of Kshar sutra over modern surgeries
FACTS & FIGURES
Chances of recurrence :- Very low
Safety :- Very high
Chances of complications :- Negligible
Side effects :- Nil General advices
• To take normal food daily and avoid irritant spicy food.
• To take fibre containing diet & vegetables with plenty of water.
• To avoid such types of foods which cause constipation.
• To keep the bowel clear regularly by taking suitable and mild laxatives.
• To avoid prolonged sitting as well as standing during the treatment.
• To avoid long distance travelling and driving.
• To keep the anal region clean and do proper dressing